Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feb 1st Daily


You accidentally discover an invention that can immediately help millions of people; but only if you act immediately. On the other hand, if you just wait three months, you can secure a patent and get rich. Which do you choose and why? 

If I accidentally discovered an invention that you can immediately help millions of people or if I waited three months so I could get rich, I would choose to help the millions of people. Even though it would be nice to be rich, helping people is much more important. Maybe if I was able to help millions of people with this invention that I discovered I would be considered a hero or something and receive a lot of money from government from the millions of people I was able to help. Then, I would be helping millions of people AND I would be rich. That would be an ideal situation, but even if I didn't get rich because of it, I would still  be helping millions of people in some large and fantastic way, and I would consider myself a hero even if others didn't consider me one! Helping people in a major way, on my opinion, is much more important than becoming rich. It is so selfish to have something that could save and help millions of people, but choose to have a self-gain and help yourself. I would feel so guilty knowing that I could have helped millions of people, but I decided to be selfish and get rich. I would have no respect for myself, and honestly I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Saving people is so much better than becoming rich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment